Can you imagine life without instant communications or the ability to call your friends and family whenever you want? As a VoIP provider (VoIP being the secret sauce behind Voxox), neither can we... but those days once existed -- along with carrier pigeons and curly-corded landline phones! Lucky for us, technology and communications services are developing faster than ever, allowing people all around the world to stay connected in ways never before possible.
Take a look at the stats below to learn just how big of an industry VoIP communications has become and how innovation has made cheaper, faster and more-reliable VoIP service available to people all around the world. You'll be left wondering how you managed your communications before Voxox!
- A recent report from market research firm In-Stat estimates the total number of mobile VoIP users will reach 288 million by the end of 2013. Juniper Research has gone further, suggesting that Mobile VoIP users will reach 1 billion by 2017.
- The United States, Japan, France, South Korea, Germany and China have nearly 80% of the reported global VoIP market share. (Source: Point Topic)
- The number of seats for hosted business VoIP and unified communications services is on track to more than double between 2012 and 2016. (Source: infonetics.com)
- As of June 2012, there were 143.2 million VoIP subscribers globally. (Source: Point Topic)
- VoIP industry value added (the industrys contribution to the economy) is expected to increase at an annualized rate of 15.3% until 2017. (Source: IBISWorld)
- Infonetics forecasts the combined business and residential and SOHO (small office/home office) VoIP services market to grow to $74.5 billion in 2015.
- As more households opt for no fixed-line voice connection, the number of residential and SOHO VoIP subscribers grew 14% in 2011, to over 178 million worldwide. (Source: infonetics.com)