- 70% of the world's population now have a mobile phone and in places like the US, that's 9 out of 10 people.
- Americans spend 2.7 hours per day socializing on their mobiles - that's more than twice the time they spend eating, and over 1/3 of the time they spend sleeping each day.
- 86% of mobile users are watching TV while using a mobile phone.
- By 2014, general mobile Internet usage will overtake desktop Internet usage. Already in 2011, 91% of mobile Internet access has been used to socialize (compared to only 79% on desktops).
- Gaming, weather, and maps top the list of how people use their mobile phones
- While 85% of kids own a phone, only 73% own books
As we become more and more attached to our mobile devices, it's no doubt these numbers will continue to climb. New gadgets, technologies, and apps are coming out everyday and keeping us connected in ways we never thought possible. If you're feeling overwhelmed with all the new networks, techy lingo, and not to mention, keeping track of all your different user names and passwords, head over to Voxox.com where we can help simplify your communications!